Search Knowledge Base by Keyword
LSM Usage Guide – From Job Request to Results Reporting
This is comprehensive guide on using the LSM add-on for daily sample testing. Whether you’re new to LSM or a seasoned user, this guide will provide you with easy-to-follow instructions on how to accession samples, receive job requests, and record test results.
Assuming that you have already installed and configured LSM and LabCollector with the appropriate settings, parameters, records, and tests, let’s dive into the sample testing process.
In the first scenario, requesters (i.e., your clients) can conveniently use LSMremote to make job requests. This user-friendly interface enables your clients to submit job requests and track their progress without ever having to step foot in the testing facility. Once the requests are received, labeled samples can be sent to the testing facility for processing.
Alternatively, samples may arrive at the testing facility with job/test/sample details physically attached. For instance, a box of samples may come with a shipping slip or a quote/invoice. Regardless of the mode of sample accessioning, the LSM add-on streamlines the process and ensures accurate record-keeping.
If you are using LSMremote, clients or requesters can access it directly through its own web interface, or they can access it through a portion of your website where LSMremote has been embedded. This feature allows for a seamless experience for your clients, as they can easily make job requests and track their progress without having to navigate through multiple web pages.
The client will then need to select and complete the form, by following the below steps:
- Select the tab ‘Submit order’.
- Select a test or panel/category of tests.
- Complete the form for Job Level data.
- Complete the form for Sample level data.
- Click Save. This sends the job request to LabCollector LSM.
After saving, a pop-up will indicate that the order was successfully sent:
Clicking on the tab ‘Get results’ will show the pending request:
To add a job when samples arrive at the testing facility with job/test/sample details physically attached, i.e. box of samples with shipping slip or the quote/invoice. Testing facility staff accession the materials and use LSM directly.
If samples will be retained e.g. for regulatory reasons or for potential retesting, it is recommended to enter the sample data into the LabCollector samples module to note a storage location.
If samples are disposed of as a result of testing or will not be retained, skip the following steps on entering a record in the samples module.
- First of all, select the Samples module.
- Then, select the button ‘Add New Record’ .
- Complete and save the information on the form. Make sure to also complete the storage data section of the form.
- Then, memorize the record by clicking the icon located to the right of the record. Multiple records may be memorized.
- Navigate to LSM. From the home screen select ‘Add Job’ under the job menu.
- A form will allow entry of data about the job and sample(s). Job level information applies to all samples. Note that the fields to record job and sample level information may be customized for each testing facility.
- Enter the corresponding information in each field for Job Level information.
- Select a method for adding samples to the job.
- Manually via ‘Add row’.
- ‘Import CSV’ for file upload. Files must be in correct format.
- Selection of memorized items via ‘Memorized records’.
3. Edit/enter sample level information as needed. NOTE: Tests are selected per sample.
- Within LSM, navigate to the Job List:
- From the job list, an admin may adjust the assignment of staff for the job, assign samples to batches, or edit other details about the job. Left click to directly edit values. Use the ‘Group by‘ button to change the organization method (to organize the view by job, test or batch).
- Clicking on the gear icon for a job, test or sample will bring up a menu for editing and managing the job, test or sample:
e.g. if assignments is selected a popup will show details about the job and samples. The information under assignments may be edited by clicking. Some fields are drop-down menus others accept text.
- Double clicking on a sample, test or batch will allow entering information either per job, test, sample or batch.
- Once a job is started, clicking on the job list to can be done to enter results per job, test, sample or batch. The forms will adapt based on the tests. Note that connected instruments may automatically complete some information.
- When a job is complete the results can be sent in various forms or the data can be extracted to incorporate into other files. Right click on the job, sample, test or batch and see the options available under ‘Report’. If the LSMremote is being used, the results will be presented and available there. Emailed results will be sent to the requester email that exists within LSM.
- A Calendar view for the lab is also available. Within the LSM Navigate to Job > Calendar. View by day, week or month. A PDF of the calendar may also be generated. The jobs listed here may be clicked to review or edit details.
- Invoices can be generated by navigating to Admin > Contacts > Requesters. Search/filter to find a requester.
- Select the tab for invoices for the requester. Then click on the desired invoice to review and edit it. Invoice details can be edited before generating the form.
- Invoice details may also be exported as CSV or IIF (accounting format).
- Read our manual on LSM.
- Read our KB on how to generate reports in LSM.