Search Knowledge Base by Keyword
How to setup and use Recipe Manager (old version)
Before using Recipes they must be setup and created by a user with admin access by using Admin >> Data >> Manage Recipes. In addition, several records with lot/batch information must also exist in the Regents & Supplies module.
Only the super-administrator and administrators can create recipes (Part 1). All users can then use these recipes (Part 2).
Part 1 Managing Recipes
With admin or super-admin access navigate to Admin >> Data >> Manage Recipes. You will be presented with this screen:
On the first use you will only have the option to add a new recipe. Clicking ‘Add New’ will provide a screen to define a new recipe:
A name and description of the recipe must be provided.
Components of the recipe are selected by either clicking the arrow to see a drop down list or by typing to use the form as an autocomplete field.
After a component is selected options must be determined for the recipe. The quantity (Qt) and unit must be specified. You must also decide if 1) partial recipes are allowed and 2) only lots within their expiration dates may be used.
Click the icon to add and define additional components.
After all components and options have been entered click Save to save the recipe. After saving the recipe will appear in a list when navigating to Admin >> Data >> Manage Recipes. The recipe will also be available for other users who can find it by navigating to Tools >> Recipes/Production. The recipe manager provides the option to select a recipe to edit and to view the list of recipes.
1) List of recipe names. Clicking the recipe name will navigate to the full recipe details where you will have the option to edit the recipe.
2) Recipe description.
3) Number of components. Hovering the mouse over the number of components will reveal the record names of the reagents and supplies required for the recipe.
4) Button to add a new recipe.
Part 2 Using Recipes
After recipes have been created, the recipe tool may be used. First Navigate to Tools >> Recipes/Production.
The Production Manager/Recipes main screen is a simple search tool. This provides an option to search for a recipe from the list (created in part 1). The page also allows you to navigate to the log of recipes that have been used.
The recipe selection search bar is both an autocomplete and dropdown menu. Type in the search bar to see autocomplete results or click to view all recipes. After selecting a recipe the following screen will appear.
The screen shows the following:
1) The recipe name
2) Place to enter the name of the final product
3) Module selector for where the recipe product record will be created
4) Details of lot, validity and quantity of each component. The entries are color coded to make it clear if quantities and validity are appropriate for the recipe. Hovering the mouse over the lot or validity information will provide information about the current lot and other available lots. If present, clicking on the icon for a component will allow a selection of a different lot to use.
5) Users must check the box to confirm use of each component
6) Clicking the ‘Use’ button will confirm the recipe. A new record will be created with links connecting to each component. A log entry will be created. Quantities will be deduced from the indicated lots.
If you attempt to use a recipe with a lot that has a warning of some kind you will be blocked or forced to confirm despite the warning with a screen such as this:
After completing a recipe the following screen will appear to indicate the record was created and provide two links. One link will take you to the newly created record the other is a direct link to download a recipe report.
You may search the history of recipes that have been used by selecting log from the home screen of the Recipes.
The log may be searched and will show which components were used as well as lots and quantity information. Each component and product may be clicked to go directly to the relevant record.
1) Search bar for recipes that have been used
2) Name of final product. Clicking will navigate to the product record.
3) Name of recipe used. Clicking will prompt for a download of the report for making this recipe. The date and user is also indicated.
4) List of components. Clicking will navigate to each component.
An example of a record for a product with links and the tree view showing the connection of the components to the product.