Knowledge Base / FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
1st step: Import your data
Under Admin > Data > Import, select the Reagent & Supplies module.
Prepare your LabCollector database. Before importing data, you have to configure the module you are importing data by creating the fields that you need and adding possible values where required. See our KB-36 for more information on creating custom fields.
Ensure your PHP has increased limits: max_input_vars = 10000 or more (See KB-71).
For more information on how to import your data, please refer to the KB-141.
To import your Risk and Safety information, please follow these instructions:
TAGS (already in both CSV files offer by LabCollector):
- Database Names:
Note: The Individual Protection Pictograms cannot be imported. They must be selected in each record individually.
There are 3 accepted values for each risk or icon:
- RISK CODE (example "0" or "SGH03")
- RISK DESCRIPTION (example "Will Not Burn" or "Oxidizing Liquids")
- RISK CODE:RISK DESCRIPTION (example "0:Will Not Burn" or "SGH03:Oxidizing Liquids")
Each values in the same fields, need to be separated by | (CTRL+ALT+6) as:
We advise you to use only RISK CODE, avoiding text errors and separators that might break the import. To have the complete correspondence of Risk codes please refer to the KB-148.
To import the Sigma MSDS Link the format is: PRODUCT NUMBER|BRAND (example "32305|SIGMA").
2nd step: Manage Safety Risks
Each reagent record is linked to a tab Display Risk and Safety data .
When you add a new record or edit an existing one, you have access to Risk & Safety options.
There are 3 categories:
- NFPA classification. Choose the right number in each select list.
- GHS classification. Select the right pictograms then hazard and precautionary statements. If you want to select more than one phrase, stay with CTRL key active.
- Add Sigma MSDS link by entering the product number and select the brand in the list, then use the Test Link button. If the MSDS exists the link is automatically saved.
The result in the tab:
You can add custom fields to the Risk & Safety part. For more information on custom fields, please read the KB-118.
3rd step: Manage your lots (For more information: KB-107)
The last step is to define your lot. You have two possibilities.
- For each reagent, open the tab Display lots and Add new lot (1). Fill the form and select storage if previously defined. When you create your lot before adding a storage location, you just have to edit the storage location (2).
- If you already have a database to manage your lots, use the Import batch lots option under ADMIN > Storage. Format your excel file as in (1). Date format is yyyy-mm-dd. If you already have storage barcodes or IDs select the option, and add this column in first place in your file (2). Select your file and select the right option (3).