Knowledge Base / FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Go to the module of your choice.
2. Memorize record one-by-one with the icon (in right tabs) or do a search and memorize the result with the same icon on the top of the list.
3. Then, in Tools > Manage memorized items, you select all or a part of your memorized records (check box), you choose one action in the select list and click on Do!.
A. Generate worklist
B. Generate worklist with secondary storage
Records with secondary storage will each have a row in the following table. If secondary storage is not selected, only a single row will appear for the record, even if secondary storage is defined.
With this worklist, you can:
- Add a link (normal link on the bottom of each record) in batch. For example, link a set of primers to a DNA sample. Please refer to chapter 8-9-1 of the manual.
- Take out volume by clicking on the corresponding button (for more information, please refer to chapter 7-4-3 of the manual).
- For samples worklist, add a process to all data by clicking on the corresponding button (for more information, please refer to chapter 4-5-1 of the manual).
- Remove storage by clicking on the corresponding button. A popup will ask you for main, secondary or both storages.
- Archive records by clicking on the corresponding button (for more information, please refer to chapter 7-5-1 of the manual).
Saved lists are available through Tools > Lists and series.
D. Derive record to... (new to v5.4) - linked with J
If you need to work with a different list, clean some records (check the correct box) or all records from the memory.
As for other delete action, if record has link or storage, it can’t be deleted. For more information, see the KB-67.
An edit icon appears on worklists and in the management on memorized items allowing edit records one by one.