Sample-receiving add-on : Project configuration settings
The sample receiving add-on can connect to LSM (Lab Service Management) add-on. This makes it easy to manage, link, and assign incoming samples to the specific jobs in samples.
To connect sample receiving to LSM add-on you can follow the below steps.
1. Add a project
- A. General Settings
- B. Naming conventions
- C. Data mapping
- D. LSM (linking the sample receiving to LSM)
- E. Additional API
- F. Other Verifications
1. Add a project
- 1. To add a project go to SAMPLE RECEIVING ADD-ON -> SETTINGS
- 2. You can add the project code and add it to the receiving add-on. You can manage project codes by going to TOOLS -> MANAGE PROJECT CODES.
- 3. Once you click on the “Configure” button you will see the below page.
*Each project code can have its own configuration settings.
A. GENERAL SETTINGS
– You can add the modules connected to your samples receiving add-on.
*Apart from ‘sample’ modules you can also add any other custom module.
– You can choose the box model for your plates from the drop-down.
– You can choose the orientation of the box. Let’s say if the box is a rectangle then the alignment will help you mark the orientation of the box.
– Mode offers you to either create a box or plate it.
– The default volume helps you to choose the volume of the samples or plates.
B. NAMING CONVENTIONS
– You can choose how your plate and sample pattern are is named in the choice of your module.
– This will help keep all the plate data organized and uniform.
- You can view these samples in the module that you chose during the configuration setting.
- *Check our KB on how to automatically store samples from the sample receiving in a module.
C. DATA MAPPING
– When you make your plate, you can choose to name an extra field for plating, package ID, or for the arrival date of your samples.
– The options named here will appear during the plating procedure.
– You can click the small icon and it will show you help like below.
D. LSM (linking the sample receiving to LSM)
– You can choose if your sample-relieving add-on is linked/ connected to LSM, these options will be visible.
–1. You need to put the LSM URL here. This will be the URL that you see when you log in to LabCollector. For example, https://labcollector.online/neosoft
*your URL will be specific to your online instance. it could be different than shown in the image. the important part is to copy everything BEFORE the second ‘/’ sign.
–2. API token is generated from your LabCollector website see in the above image. Go to ADMIN ->OTHER -> SETUP -> WEB SERVICES API
– When you click on the web services option you will see the below page.
– i. You can name the new API as you like. Here we named it sample receiving because it is going to get connected to the add-on.
– ii. You can add the operator for the add-on if you want. You can keep it empty too.
– iii. The IP Restriction is for you to select if you want to restrict or give access to certain IPs. To Manage the IPs you can go to ADMIN -> USERS & STAFF->MANAGE AUTHORIZED IPs. If you select yes and save the API settings, it will ask you to add the IP in the image in the 5th point below.
– iv. You can choose the application, that is modules that you would like to connect. (* Only the sample and the custom modules can be selected for connecting with the sample receiving add-on). In the above image, the modules selected apart from the sample are all custom modules. As you are going to connect the sample receiving add-on to LSM add-on you need to also choose the add-on option.
– v. Once you have selected your options you can click on the “ADD” option.
– Once you do add, in the list below, you will see the API you created with the specific token. You can copy it and paste it in the sample receiving add-on settings, LSM token option.
– 3.You can forbid a sample with no consent. This means that sometimes patients don’t agree to allow tests to be performed on their samples. In this case, you can check these options. The samples with no consent will not be included in the tests.
– 4.When you have the consent you can also add the consent parameter name.
* This parameter first needs to be added in LSM ->ADMIN ->PREFERENCES->PARAMETERS.
The “Label” name is the name you put in the sample receiving LSM option.
– 5. The mapping module/LSM option helps you to connect a “field” (LSM -> ADMIN -> PREFERENCES-> TESTS) in the Module you selected in step A. General settings.
– 6.The allowed test options allow you to add tests that you would like to be performed on the samples. Generally, there will be many tests that will be created in the LSM (LSM -> ADMIN -> PREFERENCES-> TESTS) for different purposes or projects. Thus this option will give you the specification to choose from all the tests created in LSM.
E. ADDITIONAL API
-This option is to have the sample-receiving connected to more personal API for example with help from your API developers. When you click to check for this option you will see the boxes will appear to add the external API URL and the API headers.
F. OTHER VERIFICATION
– It gives you the option to double scan the package of samples for having more security.
– You can either “forbid” or “allow” the samples found in another module.
- Check our Knowledgebase on how to add a job in LSM.
- Please check our KB on how to create and process packages in sample receiving add-on.
- Read more on how to automatically store samples from the sample receiving in a module.
- Read our KB on How to process plates
- Read more on How to connect and send samples from ‘sample receiving’ to do tests in ‘LSM’.