LabCollector Linux Requirements & Installation
1. LabCollector LINUX requirements
- Linux (any recent distribution)
- Apache 2.4.x
- PHP 5.6.x to 7.4.x
- MYSQL or equivalent (MariaDB, PerconaDB)
- 4cpu cores
- 8Gb RAM
Libraries/packages (names may vary depending on distribution):
- PHP-mysql, PHP-mcrypt, PHP-xml, PHP-zip, PHP-Curl, PHP-OpenSSL, PHP-LDAP…
- Mono (optional)
- Webmin (optional)
- Perl (CGI and other packages needed for webmin)
- LabCollector Webmin module (*Contact Us if you wish to install & use this tool)
2. Download the installation pack
3. Unpacking & Uploading the files
- Unpack the ZIP package on a computer or on the server.
- Upload or copy files contained in the HTML folder to the correct web-accessible folder (in BINARY FORMAT).
NOTE: Be sure the folder has written permissions, at least for install purposes. You can remove this permission once install is finished.
- Do a chmod 777 on the following folders: /backup, /documents, /temp, /maps
*(Setting 777 permissions to a file or directory means that it will be readable, writable, and executable)
4. Loader Installation by PHP.INI modification
- Execute from your Internet browser: launch the Loader Wizard script in your browser. (https://www.ioncube.com/loaders.php)
- For example http://localhost/ioncube/loader-wizard.php and follow loader install instructions.
- Restart your webserver.
5. Loader Installation for Runtime loading
- Nothing has to be done.
- Loaders are located automatically inside the IonCube folder that you must keep in the LabCollector folder.
6. Changes in PHP.INI
- Insure you of these parameters:
– error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_DEPRECATED
– short_open_tag = On
- Run from the browser a file install.php (you need first to install loaders. (Read above sections 4 & 5.)
- Fill in the information asked and press the ‘Next’ button (MySQL login by default is root with no password)
7. PHP extensions
NOTE: Be careful that you NEED to have these PHP extensions installed on your server:
- php-mysql (up to PHP5.6.x)
- php-mysqli (from PHP7.x)
8. Mysql requirements
- Insure you have set these parameters:
character_set_server = latin1_swedish_ci collation_server = latin1
- Other settings for MYSQL 8+
- The following setup is needed for MYSQL 8+
- Once active, please redefined MYSQL user passwords
- With recent MySQL, the configuration is restrictive by default.
Find the following line in my.cnf/my.ini:
- Now comment it out with # and restart your MySQL server.
9. Logging in LabCollector
- Access it by calling it from a web browser, usually by writing the network name of the server computer.
- This can be done from any computer connected to the local network.
- After the first installation, by default super-administrator access to LabCollector using:
login: admin and password: admin
- You can then change the password and add more user logins. (In LabCollector go to ADMIN -> MANAGE USERS)
- Check our KB on IonCube on CentOS
- Read our KB on How to install Ioncube Loader on CentOS, Debian and Ubuntu?