Knowledge Base / FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
Should I lock, archive or delete records?
Before deleting anything in LabCollector please consider the effect this will have on the compliancy status of your lab.
You have the option of archiving records or setting them to be read-only, and as a final option you can delete records under certain conditions.
These options are only accessible to administrators and data owners.
Archive or Lock?
The Archival button on each record entry provides two options - to archive or to lock the record (make it read-only - this function is available for all licenses in versions 5.30 and 5.31 only.). Each option requires the user to provide a reason for this action.
Archive/hide recordThe record will not be shown in search results unless it's clearly indicated in the search parameters.
- Modification of the record will not be allowed.
- Records with Storage cannot be archived.
- This action can be reversed with the Unarchive button if you search for your record by selecting Archived in the search filter Status as seen below.
Locking = Read-only option
A read-only or locked record will be shown in search results like any other record (Status = Read-only) but no modification will not be allowed on it.
- Locking a record is completely irreversible and so the record remains in its current version.
- Records can only be duplicated, printed or memorized; the storage is always active (creation, modification and deletion are possible).
- This option does not apply to the module Sequences. Records in this module can only be archived or deleted.
Don’t confuse deletion and archiving of records. Deleted records are entirely removed. Archived records are stored in the database, but hidden from normal use.
- You have to remove associated storage and links before deletion.
- Also, deleting a record is not possible if more than 5 actions have been performed with the record
- You cannot delete a record if it has a link with the ELN, Workflow manager or LSM add-ons (v5.4 and above).
- Information about the deleted record is retained in the audit trail.
Also see - How do I delete data?
and Manage memorized items
Last updated Wed, Mar 28 2018 10:32am